The purpose of Alcona Citizens for Health, Inc. (Alcona Health Center), shall be to promote, develop and operate such facilities and programs as are necessary to provide quality health care to all residents of Alcona County and the surrounding areas, regardless of ability to pay.
Originally established in 1978 in Lincoln, MI, Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Community Health Center with locations throughout northern lower Michigan and the eastern upper peninsula. We provide comprehensive medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services with locations in the counties of Alcona, Alpena, Cheboygan, Chippewa, Iosco, Emmet, and *Otsego. (*Otsego county only has school based behavioral health offered in Gaylord Schools.)
Patient Centered Medical Home
Alcona Health Center adheres to evidenced based guidelines to provide the highest quality of care to our patients. We are an accredited Patient Centered Medical Home.
A Patient Centered Medical Home uses a team approach to providing healthcare. Your healthcare team includes your primary care provider, other medical staff, those that support you and most importantly – YOU!
Your role as the Patient
- Be an active team player.
- Ask questions.
- Keep appointments.
- Talk openly with your team and discuss important health issues.
- Follow the healthcare plan you and your care team have talked about.
- Call us first if you are ill or have a health concern
- If you do see another healthcare provider, be sure to let us know. It is important that your team knows about any medication changes or tests they have ordered.
Your Care Team
Your care team works hard to keep your care consistent and effective. The Alcona Health Center team of medical, dental, behavioral health and pharmacy professionals will work with you to establish and manage your health goals and assist you in achieving your best possible health! If you need some extra one on one support our Care Managers and Community Health Workers are available to lend a hand.
What We Will Do
- Listen to your concerns.
- Help answer your health questions.
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own healthcare.
- Help you set goals and make a health plan that is right for you.
- Help manage your health and coordinate your care.
Board of Directors
Alcona Health Center’s volunteer Board of Directors is composed of our patients and other representatives from the geographic areas that we serve. Their role is to provide oversight and strategic direction for our organization. They ensure that we are holding true to our mission and that our services are meeting the ever-changing healthcare needs of our Northern MI communities.
- Carolyn Brummund (President)
- Shelley Chamberlain (Vice President)
- Joe Garber (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Shelley Chamberlain
- Stephanie Dettloff
- Mike Erickson
- Teri Johnson
- Scott Korb
- Carol Lund
- Richard Sangster
- Gail Stimson