School Based Registered Nurse (A20-049) Full Time – Petoskey
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a School Based Registered Nurse (A20-049). This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position/reduced hours in the summer months in our Petoskey Middle/High School location.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
The School Based Program Registered Nurse provides healthcare for school-aged students within an educational system. He or she handles the daily health issues that occur with students who attend the school and serves as the health resource to staff members in order to enhance health and wellness in the school community.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates health of students and provides nursing medical care services within scope of practice; reports findings to medical providers.
- Prepares student healthcare plans, supervises the implementation, and records services as appropriate.
- Plans and prepares school health program in collaboration with the school administrators and others as appropriate.
- Conducts parent conferences, discusses the student health, and acts as liaison between providers, parents, and school staff.
- Educates and counsels students on good health habits and other health related topics.
Professional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess strong oral, written communication and computer skills.
- Intermediate Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience working with child/adolescent populations
- Knowledge of school laws and policies
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current CPR certification.
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
- Possesses a current and unrestricted Michigan Registered Nurse (RN) license, preferably with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the form here to submit your application. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.