School Based Program Manager (A20-048)
School Based Program Manager (A20-048)
The School Based Program Manager will work in a team environment to improve the health status of schools served by Alcona Health Center’s School Based Health Centers (SBHC) and School Wellness Programs (SWP). This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position, based in Northern Michigan, working Monday through Friday. Frequent travel between school sites will be required.
Alcona Health Center Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare services to a wonderfully diverse patient community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have 14 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including dental, health education, behavioral health, and much, much more.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision (including dependent and spousal coverage), generous leave benefits including paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match contribution.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help ensure successful integration of medical, behavioral health, health education and other services at school based sites at SBHCs and SWP.
- Serves as the liaison between the SBHC/SWP program and the school district(s) to identify and refer students who can benefit from SBHC services.
- Attend internal and external meetings, represent and advocate on behalf of Alcona Health Center to build awareness with community stakeholders and government officials.
- Create and lead an SBHC/SWP Community Advisory Council to develop and implement strategies to promote health literacy in the schools.
- Seek and make recommendations for appropriate grant opportunities that will achieve and maintain sustainability.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement activities to promote efficiency and continuity of care in the SBHC’s and SWP.
- Adherence to all mandated data tracking, analysis and reporting requirements
- Assist in the development and implementation of SBHC/SWP policies and procedures.
- Embraces the mission, vision and values of Alcona Health Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Health, Health Services Administration or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience managing employees successfully and/or demonstrated success in leading teams effectively.
- Must be able to regularly travel among SBHC/SWP sites
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
Please use the online form here to submit your application. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role.
Deadline for position is September 9, 2020 or until position filled.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.