School Based Program Manager (A20-048) Full Time – Northern MI (Home base to be determined)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a School Based Program Manager (A20-048). Location to be determined. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
The School Based Program Manager is responsible for overseeing program and work plan requirements and outreach for programs serving the students of the School Based Health Centers and Wellness Centers, including all associated administrative staff.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the liaison between the SBHC program and the school district to identify and refer students who can benefit from SBHC services.
- Create and lead an SBHC Student Advisory committee to develop and implement strategies to promote health literacy in the school.
- Conducts outreach to and builds partnerships with students and families educating them on available resources associated with the SBHC.
- Meets with government officials to represent and increase awareness of program.
- Seek additional grant opportunities.
Professional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate Word, Excel, Outlook
- Desired: Power Point, Grant Writing
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current CPR certification.
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the online application form here. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.