Registered Dental Assistant Lead (A20-057) Full Time – Alpena or Oscoda
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Registered Dental Assistant Lead (A20-057). This is a full-time (40 hours/ week) position in our Oscoda/Alpena Dental location.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials. Provides mentorship to fellow dental assistants. Assists in the efficiency and functionality of the department.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dental clinical lead for dental sites
- Provides job or task specific training for all dental assistants in infection control, covering safe practices for staff and for patients. Ensures adherence to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Conducts ongoing infection control surveillance involving patients and staff, using criteria from the Centers for Disease Control to identify and report infection control deficiencies and provide areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Documents infection control deficiency determinations, exposure incidents and follow up. Provides education to ensure performance improvement.
- Acts as first point of contact for dental clinical staff.
- Collaborate with the Dental Operations Manager on daily staffing needs to ensure smooth operation of the Dental Department.
- Assist the dentists and hygienists in chair-side procedures routinely done in a general dental practice.
- Compiles dental supply orders for submission to Finance Department Purchasing Agent.
- Supports and assists clinical providers and professionals
- Prepares exam rooms prior to patient appointments according to safety and infection control protocols.
- Provides sterilization and delivery of instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Ensures sterilization and disinfection processes are compliant with the Centers for Disease Control protocol.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Accurately takes and records medical and dental histories, and vital signs of the patient.
- Exposes diagnostic dental x-rays upon prescription of a dentist.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and cleans removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Provides post-operative instructions as prescribed by dentist.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Accurately records treatment information in patient records.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
- Provides administrative support to the dental practice
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Maintains electronic health records.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR
- Possesses a current Registered Dental Assistant license.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the online form here to submit your application. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.