Registered Dental Assistant Lead (A19-059) – Full Time (Alpena/Oscoda)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real
impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as Registered Dental Assistant Lead (A19-059). This is a full time (40 hours per week) position in our Oscoda and Alpena Dental locations. Position wage rate $15.25/hour (DOQ).
Benefits this position offers:
A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Retirement Savings Plan
Continuing Education Assistance
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials;
passing instruments and materials. Provides mentorship to fellow dental assistants. Assists in the
efficiency and functionality of the department.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dental clinical lead for dental sites including job or task specific training for all dental
assistants in infection control, covering safe practices for staff and for patients. Ensures
adherence to infection-control policies and protocols.
2. Conducts ongoing infection control surveillance involving patients and staff, using criteria
from the Centers for Disease Control to identify and report infection control deficiencies and
provide areas of opportunity for improvement.
3. Acts as first point of contact for dental clinical staff and provides administrative to the dental
practice, including collaborating with the Dental Operations Manager on daily staffing needs
to ensure smooth operation of the Dental Department.
4. Supports and assists clinical providers and professionals including turning exam rooms,
Provides sterilization and delivery of instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments
for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments. Prepares patient for dental treatment by
welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient. Compiles dental supply orders for
submission to Finance Department Purchasing Agent.
5. Accurately takes and records medical and dental histories, vital signs, and treatment
information in patient record. Exposes diagnostic dental x-rays upon prescription of a dentist.
Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and cleans removable appliances.
6. Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification,
emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
7. Provides post-operative instructions as prescribed by dentist and instructs patients in oral
hygiene and plaque control programs.
8. Ensures attendance and hours worked are accurately recorded.
9. Maintains confidentiality of protected health information and safeguards all patient related
information at all times.
10. Accepts and performs other job related duties, projects and responsibilities, as required.
1. Possesses work-related skills at a higher level than completion of high school, including
formal written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills,
mathematical, technical or health care related knowledge frequently acquired through
completion of a trade school, para-professional, or certificate type program.
2. Requires specific knowledge and training in dental assisting, typically acquired during
completion of a certificate program in dental assisting with a duration of up to a year.
3. Job duties are basically learned in training or on the job.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
Possesses a Registered Dental Assistant license.
Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR certification.
Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good
fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
Deadline for submission is November 4, 2019.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful
candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination
and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal
employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment
free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are
based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age,
physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service,
family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health
Center encourages applicants of all ages.