Pharmacy Technician (Full Time Float) – Alpena and Lincoln
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as Pharmacy Technician FLOAT. This is a full time (40 hour per week) position based in our Lincoln and Alpena locations.
Benefits this position offers:
· A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
· Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision
· Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
· Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
· Retirement Savings Plan
· Continuing Education Assistance
Prepares, packages, and delivers medications under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serves patients at the pharmacy, including processing patient information, medication orders, refills, education, determines 340b eligibility, customer service, pharmacist referrals, etc.
· Assists the pharmacist with filling prescriptions including inventory, repackaging, labeling, dispensing, transferring prescriptions, etc.
· Provides administrative support to the pharmacy function including inventory cycle, stocking, ordering, third party insurance, telephone support, mail processing, clerical tasks, invoice processing, cash register duties, patient satisfaction, miscellaneous processes/operations, etc.
· Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA).
· Maintains reliable attendance, stays within organization attendance policy guidelines. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Possesses work-related skills at a higher level than completion of high school, including formal written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills, mathematical, technical or health care related knowledge frequently acquired through completion of a trade school, para-professional, or certificate type program.
· Requires specific knowledge and pharmacy technician training, typically acquired during completion of a Pharmacy Technician certificate program with a duration of up to a year.
· Job duties are basically learned in training or on the job
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
· Possesses a current CPR certification.
· Possess a current License as a Pharmacy Technician.
· Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please send your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
Please apply directly via our website here or, by mail to Careers-AHC Administration Annex, 1035 W. Washington, Alpena, MI 49707
Deadline for submission is 08/28/19.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.