Patient Greeter/Screener (A20-073) Full Time Temporary – Alpena
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as Patient Greeter/Screener (A20-073). This is a temporary full-time (40 hours/ week) position in our Alpena location.
Greets and screens patients and visitors at entrances of Alcona Health Center clinics and buildings. The Patient Greeter/Screener will provide patients, visitors, staff, and physicians a positive experience. The Patient Greeter/Screener will check temperatures, ascertain reason for coming into the healthcare setting, and ensures parties entering the building will be wearing the appropriate mask.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shows good customer service skills supporting a positive patient experience, including greeting individuals in a friendly and professional manner and problem solving.
- Interacts with patients, employees, and visitors to perform health screening protocols necessary to limit exposure of illness within health center facilities.
- Ask symptom and travel questions and record accurate information related to patients, employees, and visitor health screening.
- Check patient and visitor temperatures using a no-contact thermometer and ensure individuals practice social distancing while waiting to have their temperatures screened.
- Instruct and ensure individuals entering the building are wearing masks or face coverings.
- Escalates any problems or issues to assigned supervisor.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required and provided.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the online form to apply. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.