Oscoda Site Manager (A19-079)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Site Manager. This is a full time (40 hour per week) position in our Oscoda location.
Benefits this position offers:
Base wage $40,477 depending on licensure, education, and experience.
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% employer paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the Site Manager is responsible/accountable for leading a health center clinic site. The Site Manager is responsible for supporting the mission, goals, budget and performance standards for the clinic site and communicating it to staff. The job holder utilizes knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems. Uses skills in planning, organizing, delegating, and supervising. Must work effectively with physicians, staff, patients, public and external agencies. Uses skills in gathering and interpreting data in a clinic office setting.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership Skills: Leads employees to accomplish all job objectives; inspires confidence and motivation; clearly defines expectations, and maintains personal effectiveness under pressure.
- Budget and Supplies: Develops, monitors and analyzes budget and financial information and utilizes all resources in an effective and economical manner.
- Legal Issues: Knowledge of legal issues in all aspects of operations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and rights of all patients/customers.
- Responsibility/Accountability: Develops standards and provides systems to monitor and evaluate clinical site functions and assumes responsibility for designing methods to improve functions.
- Working Relationships: Identifies and understands customers of the clinic. Formulates and monitors working relationships which adhere to the patient/customer standards.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Practices effective problem identification and resolution skills as a method of sound decision making.
- Communication: Determines and demonstrates effective communication methods and defines appropriate lines of authority for the clinic in keeping with administrative structure. Uses all methods of communication to disseminate information to staff in a timely manner.
- Environment of Care (Safety/Emergency Situations): Monitors and communicates clinic standards in accordance with regulatory agencies and AHC policies. Monitors standards to comply with safety, infection control and customer relations standards.
- Teaching Others/Self Development: Complies with ongoing competency maintenance and develops a self-assessment plan to maintain personal competency.
- Staffing: Implements staffing standards for clinic programs with effective, economical use of resources. Monitors staffing and attendance in compliance with AHC standards.
- Project/Specialized Job Knowledge: Identifies and participates in special projects and develops standards and competencies related to implementation.
- Ensures attendance and hours worked are accurately recorded.
- 1-5 years Electronic Health Records, Practice Management, Clinic and Business Operations, Payroll, and Financial Processing, including budgeting and staffing.
- 1-5 years medical office supervision / management experience.
- 1-5 years customer service.
- Possesses advanced general skills, including written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills, and mathematical knowledge frequently acquired through completion of a general Bachelor’s Degree program or Associate’s degree with acquired business experience.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Prepares more complex documents in Microsoft Word, including creating tables, charts, graphs and other elements.
- Uses Microsoft Excel to analyze data, including the use of formulas, functions, lookup tables and other standard spreadsheet elements.
- Develops sophisticated presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint, including the use of embedded objects, transitions and other elements.
- Job duties require the employee to effectively communicate complex and/or technical information to co-workers and others.
- Employees are responsible for the resolution of conflicts that may arise because of disagreements between employees, between employees and customers/clients, or with the public, other legal entities, or governmental authorities.
- Job duties require the compilation and analysis of information prepared in effective written form, including correspondence, reports, articles, or other documentation.
- Job duties require preparation and execution of presentations to large groups.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
- Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR certification.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
- Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
- Please apply directly via Indeed or through our application process at https://www.alconahealthcenters.org/careers.
- Deadline for submission is December 3, 2019.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.