Insurance Biller/Coding Specialist (A20-033) Full Time – Lincoln
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as an Insurance Biller/Coding Specialist (A20-033). This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position in our Lincoln location. The base wage is $12.35 depending on qualifications.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Responsible for reviewing and abstracting patient medical records, as well as, identifying and assigning accurate medical codes for diagnosis, procedures, and services. Ensures that all data elements required for federal or state reporting and billing are collected and included in the patient record; and is responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews medical record documentation to identify pertinent diagnosis/procedures that require code assignment for patient records and accurately code the diagnoses and procedures using ICD-10 coding conventions for the purpose of reimbursement, research, and compliance with federal regulations.
- Reviews the medical record to assure specificity of diagnoses, procedures, and appropriate reimbursement for office and professional charges.
- Queries medical providers when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Researches any coding questions the medical provider or medical staff may have, and presents findings to them.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting guidelines by attending appropriate in-service education, meetings and seminars appropriate for professional development; brings identified concerns to manager for resolution.
- Utilizes collection agencies to collect delinquent accounts.
- Provides coverage of Insurance Biller duties during regular business hours.
- Adheres to all HIPPA privacy and security policies and practices. Reports violations and incidents they observe through the proper channels, and cooperates in investigations as requested by management.
- Maintains acceptable levels of attendance and punctuality as specified in organization policies.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Certified Professional Coder
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the online application tool here. Do not forget to include your resume and a cover letter listing how you feel you can contribute to Alcona Health Center.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.