Dental Operations Manager (A19-062) – Full Time
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real
impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a
Dental Operations Manager (A19-062). This is a full time (40 hour per week) position.
Benefits this position offers:
A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% employer paid)
Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Retirement Savings Plan
Continuing Education Assistance
Reporting to the Business Operations Director, manages all aspects of dental delivery, regulatory
compliance, quality, efficiency, and the supervision of all dental staff.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and implements operating strategies, plans and budgets for the facility.
2. Assists Dental Clinical Director in managing the clinical operations of the department.
3. Manages the administrative functions of the Dental Department
4. Manages, directly and indirectly, the staff of the facility.
5. Represents the health center in the community.
6. Maintains proper attendance and punctuality; stays within attendance/punctuality policy
7. Special projects as assigned.
Professional Knowledge and Skills:
1. Possesses specific advanced knowledge skills, including written and verbal communications
skills, computational, computer and technical skills, mathematical knowledge, as well as
financial and operational practices and techniques. Full knowledge of the business practices
in the dental care environment, including the methods and terminology of the dental field, to
interact effectively with dental providers and to ensure that the services of the health center
are provided according to accepted standards.
2. Bachelor’s Degree program in business with significant experience in the dental care
environment, or in a dental care field with significant management experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
1. Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
2. Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR certification.
Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good
fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
Deadline for submission is September 23, 2019.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful
candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide
quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information,
disability, or protected veteran status.