Dental Hygienist/Care Connector (A18-100) Full Time (32 hours) – Pickford
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Dental Hygienist/Care Connector (A18-100). This is a full-time (32 hours/week) position in our Pickford location.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Reporting to the Dental Site Manager, the Dental Care Connector facilitates the connection between patients and coordination of care for appropriate dental services and resource utilization for patients while maintaining quality and customer satisfaction. Connect patients with the care they need either through Alcona Citizens for Health, Inc., or provider of patient’s choice. Works in collaboration with the patient care team to achieve quality clinical and cost outcomes from a patient centered perspective.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in dental system navigation and identification of barriers. Serves as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for patients, care team, family/caregiver(s), and community resources.
- Works with patients with incomplete treatment plans, high no show, and cancellation rates to identify barriers to care, provide education and assistance with keeping appointments, and completing treatment plans.
- Connects patients who do not have a dental home, or those who do not access available dental services, with needed services and finding a dental home. Coordinates with others on the patient’s care team.
- Works with providers to become a part of the annual wellness & well child visit and do the oral health screening for that visit.
- Works with children accompanying a parent to the parent’s visit, by introducing them to hygiene equipment, providing hygiene education, and if appropriate with parental permission, place sealants and fluoride.
- Meet with patients prior to or after their medical appointments, or contact by phone, to determine whether or not they have a dental home and the date of their last dental visit.
- Provide curbside visits for patients seeing a medical provider and also have acute oral health issues.
- Provide curbside visit for patients with chronic disease, i.e. diabetes, for education on dental health and its impact on chronic disease.
- Work with patients to plan and monitor care.
- Assess patient’s unmet dental needs.
- Develop a care plan with the patient, family/caregiver(s) and providers (emergency plan, health management plan, medical summary, and ongoing action plan, as appropriate).
- Monitor adherence to care plans, evaluate effectiveness, monitor patient progress in a timely manner, and facilitate changes as needed.
- Review and monitor generated reports on an on-going basis and contact Alcona Health Center’s (AHC) patients whose care plan is not-up-to date within established preventive and chronic illness care guidelines. Referring as appropriate for these needs.
- Audit Emergency Department (ED) reports to contact, for education and follow-up treatment, those patients who have presented at the ED for oral health issues.
- Assist patients in identifying and prioritizing individual health care needs based on AHC internal and external regulations and dental standards of care.
- Facilitate patient access to appropriate dental and specialty providers.
- Educate patient and family/caregiver(s) about relevant community resources.
- Cultivate and support primary care and specialty provider co-management with timely communication, inquiry, follow-up, and integration of information into the care plan regarding transitions-in-care and referrals.
- Completes documentation of care management activities and enters data into AHC Electronic Health systems and external registries, as required.
- Document activities in a thorough, competent and compliant manner.
- Works with Dental Site Manager and Quality Improvement Specialist to ensure efficient processes and comprehensive care is addressed and delivered.
- Performs basic dental hygiene procedures as appropriate.
Professional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Use of Electronic Health Records
- Word & Excel
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current CPR certification.
- Possesses a current State of Michigan Dental Hygienist license
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the online form here to submit your application. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.