CNA Referral Coordinator (A19-073) Full Time – Indian River
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as CNA Referral Coordinator (A19-073). This is a full time position in our Indian River location. The starting wage is $12.35 (DOQ).
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Responsible for processing and coordinating referrals by working closely with the referring providers, specialists, medical support staff, patients, and families. Prepares patients for treatment, testing, or examination and assists the clinic with patient flow within the scope of practice under direction of a Supervisor/Manager.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides community members and clients through the health center system and available community resources and facilitates their experience; checks to ensure services are received and adjusts service arrangements as necessary.
- Assist patient in coordinating appointments with specialists and medical providers.
- Coordinates information flow of benefits between dental, medical and other healthcare providers within the medical community.
- Responsible for obtaining prior authorization for appointments, patient tests, procedures, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- Responsible for contacting patients regarding appointment date and time, as well as providing necessary instructions for various procedures.
- Responsible for tracking patient appointments and maintaining up to date records from the referral.
- Maintains current roster of various health care insurance carriers to provide patients with updates of changes and to ensure proper coverage for testing.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail, flags, and responds to patient request.
- Participates in instruction/training needed to successfully complete assigned job responsibilities.
- Supports and assists clinical providers and nurses; prepares exam rooms, obtains and accurately documents in electronic health records program, assists providers in examinations or treatments within the scope of practice, checks and reports on medical supply inventory levels, performs routine machine calibrations as necessary, prepares nursing flow sheets and daily work schedules including huddle information and gaps in care information
- Maintains proper attendance stays within attendance policy guidelines. Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Possesses a basic level of written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills and mathematical knowledge typically acquired through completion of a high school program.
- Requires specific knowledge of related processes and practices, typically learned “on the job,” or which may include a series of training sessions that would comprise a few weeks if done consecutively.
- In addition to the basic training of the trade/profession, job duties require the use of higher level skills of the trade/profession.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current Michigan state certification as a Nursing Assistant.
- Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR certification.
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
- Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
- Please apply directly via Indeed or through our application process at https://www.alconahealthcenters.org/careers.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.