Clerical Support Staff Float (A19-089) Full Time – Petoskey/Harbor Springs/Pellston
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real
impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as
Clerical Support Staff Float (A19-089). This is a full time float position in our Northern sites.
The base wage for this position is $11.65/hour depending on qualifications, experience,
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Welcomes and assists patients, their families and visitors entering the health center. Answers
questions, and provides information creating an atmosphere that is caring, yet efficient. Operates
the phone system to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls, as well as schedules
appointments for multiple sites. Maintains health records according to established health center
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Checks patients in and out of the health centers.
2. Processes billings and payments.
3. Maintains health records according to established health center procedures.
4. Schedules patient appointments.
5. Operates telephone and paging system.
Possesses a basic level of written and verbal communications skills, computational and
computer skills and mathematical knowledge typically acquired through completion of a high
school program. Job duties are basically learned in training or on the job.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current CPR certification.
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
- We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful
candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide
quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the online form here to submit your application. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good
fit for this role.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination
and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal
employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment
free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are
based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age,
physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service,
family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will
not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health
Center encourages applicants of all ages.