Clerical Support Staff (A20-012b)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as Clerical Support Staff Float (A20-12) in our Lincoln, Harrisville, Tiger, Oscoda, and dental locations. This is a full time (40 hours/week) float position in our sites. The base wage for this position is $11.65/hour depending on qualifications, experience, education, etc.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Welcomes and assists patients, their families and visitors entering the health center. Answers questions, and provides information creating an atmosphere that is caring, yet efficient. Operates the phone system to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls, as well as schedules appointments for multiple sites. Maintains health records according to established health center procedures.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks patients in and out of the health centers.
- Processes billings and payments.
- Maintains health records according to established health center procedures.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Operates telephone and paging system.
- Possesses a basic level of written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills and mathematical knowledge typically acquired through completion of a high school program.
- Job duties are basically learned in training or on the job.
Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current CPR certification.
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
- Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
- Please apply directly via Indeed or through our application process at https://www.alconahealthcenters.org/careers.
- Initial Applicant Review Date: 02/27/20 Position will remain posted until filled.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.