Benefits Administrator (A20-063) Full Time – Alpena (Admin. Annex)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Benefits Administrator (A20-063). This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position in Alpena at our Annex location.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, supervises and monitors benefits administration and administers leave of absence programs.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with broker to research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value. Assist with the design, recommendation, and negotiation, and implementation of new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
- Ensures programs are administered in compliance with established guidelines, processes, procedures and controls and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Serve as primary contact for employees, plan vendors, and third-party administrators. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits offerings (new hire education and open enrollment materials)
- Responsible for compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting (i.e. plan discrimination tests, 5500 filing, etc.) and fees.
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing: enrollment into plans (adds, drops, and changes), ID cards requests, and assists employees with benefit claim inquiries.
- Oversees the FMLA/leave of absence administration and reasonable accommodation processes and ensures compliance. Develops internal training programs that promote education and compliance.
- Handle all aspects of the company’s 403(b) retirement plan. This includes processing new enrollees, loan requests, hardship loans, QDROs, incoming rollovers, withdrawals upon termination, compliance testing, and support of annual plan audit and required DOL filing.
- Record and respond to work-related employee injuries and illnesses. This includes collecting incident reports; filing workers’ compensation claims as needed; documenting work-related injuries and illnesses on required OSHA 300, 301, and 300-A logs; and posting annual notices of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Gather employee data and process monthly billings for payment of fees for all group plans.
- Manage and oversee provisions of the Affordable Care Act and employees entitled to such coverage, as well as coordination of 1095 filings.
- Maintenance of employee benefits files and updating employee payroll records.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Support wellness programs and initiatives as necessary.
Professional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the online form here to apply. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.