Behavioral Health Therapist (A20-042) Full Time – School Based Health Center Location in Oscoda
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Behavioral Health Therapist (A20-042). This is a full time position in our Oscoda Elementary School (Owl Extension) location. The schedule will be 32 hours/week.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Provides mental health services for student patients, aged 5-18, and their parents or legal guardians.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients’ with mental health and/or psychological issues, creates care plans, and manages care plans with a care team of primary care providers
- Acts as the school and health center resource for behavioral health
- Maintains all appropriate reports, charts, and documentation, including patient progress and diagnostic information.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR
- Possesses a current license to practice social work, counseling, or psychology in the State of Michigan.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please use the online form here to apply. Be sure to include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role.
- Please apply directly via Indeed or through our application process at
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.