Alpena Behavioral Health Therapist SUD (A20-022)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center (AHC) is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Behavioral Health Therapist (BHT) for our Substance Use Disorder (SUD) program with LMSW/LPC and CAADC credentials. AHC has two full time (40 hour per week) positions available in our Alpena and other Alcona Health locations.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% employer paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
The Behavioral Health Department at AHC has a full-time opportunity for a behavioral health therapist to identify, triage and manage patients with behavioral health and substance use problems within the primary care setting.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients’ with mental health, psychological, and/or substance use issues, creates care plans, and manages care plans with a care team of primary care providers.
- Conducts patient intakes, focused on diagnostic and functional evaluation, makes appropriate mental health treatment recommendations to the primary care providers, and establishes positive rapport with patients. Provides individual, family, and group counseling. Provides episodic counseling services to patients in acute crisis.
- Communicates with other care team members, including providers, regarding patients’ health as necessary. Advises primary care provider on which care settings best serve the needs of the patient. Follows-up with all patients and adjusts treatment plans as necessary. Refers patients to internal health center providers and resources as well as external providers and resources.
- Assists patients with, and refers patients to, appropriate public benefits, vocational rehabilitation, social support, housing and other appropriate community resources. Provides patients with education regarding their care plans, any mental disorder self-management techniques, and any coping mechanisms for medication side-effects as necessary.
- Utilizes motivational treatment methods with patients with, or at risk for, physical disorders and helps them make healthier lifestyle choices. Assists patients in complying with any medical treatment initiated by the primary care provider, such as offering strategies to cope with medication side effects.
- Acts as the health center resource for behavioral health. Provides training and assistance in the techniques/practices of tasks. Leads group discussions, problem solving and project activities as necessary. Provides behavioral health management consultation and training to clinic management, providers and other staff as appropriate.
- Maintains all appropriate reports, charts, and documentation, including patient progress and diagnostic information.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current CPR certification.
- Possesses a current license to practice social work, counseling, or psychology in the state of Michigan (LMSW/LPC) and CAADC.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please send your resume (or CV) and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
Please apply directly via Indeed or through our application process at https://www.alconahealthcenters.org/careers, or, by mail to Careers-AHC Administration Annex, 1035 W. Washington, Alpena, MI 49707
Applicants will be reviewed as received. Positions will remain open until filled.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.