Medical Support Staff – Harrisville (A19-076)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center! Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Medical Support Staff position (CMA, LPN, or RN). This is a full time (40 hour per week) position in our Harrisville location.
Benefits this position offers:
Base wage $13.15 depending on licensure, education, and experience.
A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% employer paid)
Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Retirement Savings Plan
Continuing Education Assistance
Assist providers in the administration of patient care in assigned clinical areas. Assists in examinations, procedures, diagnostic studies, and treatment of patients under direction of a Medical Provider. Performs general administrative duties in accordance with CLIA, NCQA, PCMH, government standards and company policies and procedures.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports and assists clinical providers and professionals.
2. Perform routine medical tasks within the scope of license.
3. Performs general phone tasks, communicates with patients and others, precepts new staff, and ensures timely completion of all clinical documentation and related forms.
4. Adheres to attendance policy.
5. Maintains confidentiality of protected health information and safeguards all patient related information at all times.
6. Consistently adheres to organization rules, regulations, and policies.
7. Attends/participates in departmental meetings.
8. Accepts and performs other job related duties, projects and responsibilities, as required.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
1. Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR certification.
2. Maintains Medical Assistant Certification/Registration, Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse Licenses.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
Please apply directly via Indeed or through our application process at https://www.alconahealthcenters.org/careers.
Deadline for submission is November 26, 2019.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.