Revenue Cycle Manager (A20-013) Lincoln
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as Revenue Cycle Manager in our Lincoln location. This is a full time (40 hours/week) position in our sites. The base wage for this position is $36, 376 per year depending on qualifications.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Manages the overall policies, objectives, and initiatives of the organization’s revenue cycle activities to optimize the patient financial interaction along the care continuum. Reviews, designs, and implements processes surrounding admissions, billing, third party payer relationships, compliance, collections and other financial analyses to ensure that clinical revenue cycle is effective and properly utilized. Tracks metrics related to the patient engagement cycle including record coding error rates and billing turnaround times to develop sound revenue cycle analysis and reporting.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs, and supervises the daily operation activities and overall functions of the Revenue Cycle and compliance with regulations, policies, and requirements.
- Working knowledge in the areas of patient access, billing, accounts receivable and cash management requirements, health insurance, business office operations, and Health Information Management (HIM)
- Champions revenue cycle improvements throughout the organization.
- Performs ongoing trend analysis on third party payer payment levels, party payer rejects and denials.
- Develops training programs for registration, billing, and coding staff.
- Develops, reports, and communicates revenue cycle key performance indicators and benchmarks.
- Prepares financial analysis for use in the third party and managed care negotiation payer process.
- Builds and maintains relationships with third party payers to maximize review. Recommends and assists with contract negotiation.
- Implements and monitors collection procedures, minimizing contractual and bad debt write offs, and maximizing cash collections.
- Develop and share best practices with direct and cross functional team members. Research and maintain compliance of billing industry standards.
- Provides supervision to the Billing Department staff.
- Exercise discretion and strict confidentiality with all information including but not limited to sensitive personal information, and medical information.
- Attendance: Ensures attendance and hours worked are accurately recorded. Properly manages paid vacation and sick leave.
- Responsible for regular, predictable attendance and to work hours as scheduled.
- Accepts and performs other job related duties, projects and responsibilities, as required.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Possesses a current state of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Assess the training needs of end users and design effective training materials and techniques for individuals with different levels of computer literacy.
- Research, interpret, explain and apply information from computer software technical manuals and guides, videos and online materials.
- Knowledge of ICD10/CPT.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to use the electronic health records system effectively.
- Ability to administer the accounts receivable software system effectively.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls as they relate to provider billing and reconciliations.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
- Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
- Please apply directly via Indeed or through our application process at https://www.alconahealthcenters.org/careers.
- Initial Applicant Review Date: 03/05/20 Position will remain posted until filled.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.