Insurance Biller (A20-017) Lincoln
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as an Insurance Biller (A20-017). This is a full time (40 hour per week) position in our Lincoln location. The base wage is $12.35/hour depending on qualifications.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Successfully bill patient accounts to the appropriate insurance company for payment, reconcile insurance payments and denials, follow up with insurance companies as needed, receive and resolve patient and insurance company phone calls regarding patient accounts. Interrelates with providers, insurance companies, other health care organizations, the public and the staff.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes claims, both electronic and hard copy timely and accurately, ensuring a timely turnaround of accounts receivable. Maintains proficiency on health center’s electronic billing system. Monitors claims for missing information and authorization numbers. Notifies Revenue Cycle Manager if any billing issues are found.
- Responsible for responding to all inquiries, billing denials, other correspondence and phone requests in an efficient , timely, and effective manner. Secures needed medical documentation required or requested by insurances.
- Interacts with patients in order to provide assistance to resolve billing issues. Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude. Fosters teamwork by offering assistance to others. Acknowledges and responds tactfully to all requests. Shows consideration in interaction with patients, family, and other healthcare team members by demonstrating listening skills and cooperation. Communicates and interacts with others in a professional, responsible, cooperative, and positive manner at all times. Adheres to Health Center policies & procedures.
- Completes work within authorized time to assure compliance with departmental standards. Utilizes monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days.
- Keeps updated on all billing requirements and changes for all insurance types.
- Works with Health Information Department staff to ensure that complete diagnosis/procedure codes and modifiers are reported to insurance carriers as required.
- Screens medical records for completeness of documentation. Interacts and follows up with healthcare providers and staff on all communications related to coding.
- Follows up with insurance carriers timely on unpaid claims until claims are paid or only self-pay balance remains. Does not have claims written off for timely filing.
- Processes rejections daily by either making accounts self pay and generating a letter of rejection to patient or correct any billing error and resubmitting claims to insurance carriers.
- Consistently documents all conversations with payers and customers in patient accounts.
- Maintains confidentiality of protected health information at all times.
- Secures needed medical documentation required or requested by insurances and sends in a timely manner.
- Possesses a basic level of written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills and mathematical knowledge typically acquired through completion of a high school program.
- Job duties are basically learned in training or on the job.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
- Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
- Please apply directly via Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Alcona-Health-Center/jobs
- Or, through our application process at https://www.alconahealthcenters.org/careers.
- Initial Applicant Review Date: 03/11/20. Position will remain posted until filled.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.