Human Resources Manager (A20-031) – Full Time in Alpena
Alcona Health Center is seeking a well-qualified individual for the position of Human Resources Manager.
The position is located in Alpena, MI, but will travel/drive throughout the organization’s service area to perform duties of the job.
THE HR MANAGER
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for delivering advanced level HR expertise and problem solving while administering corporate policies and procedures as they relate to core HR services, processes, and programs. Helps influence business decisions by analyzing and reviewing human resource implications of planned changes in staff, policies, programs, etc.
Work with minimal supervision and collaborate on general HR service needs with service sites. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Work closely with all levels of employees. Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent degree/certification required.
- Two to three years of HR or leadership experience required.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and people skills.
- Group presentation and facilitation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations to a wide variety of situations in the business environment.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing the employment relationship.
- Personal computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE/BE:
- Ability to build and form good relationships with colleagues and other professionals.
- Ability to absorb a wide range of information and deal with confidential issues.
- Ability to explain information clearly and simply
- Ability to respond to inquiries/complaints from employees, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet deadlines and respond to unplanned situations.
- Well organized and can manage and prioritize multiple assignments of varying complexity and sensitivity effectively.
- Strong leadership qualities to foster teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Excellent communication and public presentation skills.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Develop and manage a structured and meaningful performance feedback and evaluation process across the organization
- Conduct assessments and gap analysis on employee skills
- Provide broad HR support to employees, including providing policy interpretation, ensuring the consistent application of all policies.
- Respond to employee relations issues, including conducting timely, objective investigations on disciplinary actions, ensuring proper documentation is complete and appropriate, and legal outcomes are achieved.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records.
- Within the HR department, make recommendations to improve work processes and help promote an atmosphere of continuous learning.
Please use the online application tool here. Do not forget to include your resume and a cover letter stating the contributions you will bring to Alcona Health Center.
Initial application review date: 05/15/2020. The position will remain posted until filled.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.