Dental Assistant/Clerical Support Staff (A19-065) – Contingent Alpena/Oscoda
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real
impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as
Dental Assistant/Clerical Support Staff (A19-065). This is a contingent position in our
Benefits this position offers:
A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule.
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials;
passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice
Act. Welcomes and assists patients, their families and visitors entering the health center.
Answers questions, and provides information creating an atmosphere that is caring, yet efficient.
Operates the phone system to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls, as well as
schedules appointments for multiple sites. Maintains health records according to established
health center procedures.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports and assists clinical providers and professionals:
a. Adheres to safety and infection control protocols
b. Prepares patient for treatment and provides applicable instructions
c. Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies
2. Provides administrative support to the dental practice.
3. Special projects as assigned.
4. Adheres to attendance policy. Maintains proper attendance and punctuality; stays within
attendance/punctuality policy guidelines.
5. Maintains confidentiality of protected health information and safeguards all patient related
information at all times.
6. Consistently adheres to organization rules, regulations, and policies.
7. Attends/participates in departmental meetings.
8. Accepts and performs other job related duties, projects and responsibilities, as required.
9. Checks patients in and out of the health centers.
10. Processes billings and payments.
11. Maintains health records according to established health center procedures.
12. Schedules patient appointments.
13. Operates telephone and paging system.
Possesses a basic level of written and verbal communications skills, computational and
computer skills and mathematical knowledge typically acquired through completion of a high
Job duties are basically learned in training or on the job.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
Possesses a current CPR certification.
Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good
fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
Deadline for submission is September 27, 2019.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful
candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide
quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information,
disability, or protected veteran status.