Dental Assistant – Alpena (A20-003)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a dental assistant. This is a full time (40 hour per week) position in our Alpena location. The base wage is $13.15/hour depending on qualifications.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision (90% Employer Paid)
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports and assists clinical providers and professionals:
- Adheres to safety and infection control protocols
- Prepares patient for treatment and provides applicable instructions
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies
- Provides administrative support to the dental practice.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Adheres to attendance policy. Maintains proper attendance and punctuality; stays within attendance/punctuality policy guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of protected health information and safeguards all patient related information at all times.
- Consistently adheres to organization rules, regulations, and policies.
- Attends/participates in departmental meetings.
- Accepts and performs other job related duties, projects and responsibilities, as required.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR certification.
- Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
- Please include your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
- Please apply directly via Indeed or through our application process at https://www.alconahealthcenters.org/careers.
- Initial Applicant Review Date: 01/27/20 Position will remain posted until filled.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Alcona Health Center is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alcona Health Center are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alcona Health Center will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alcona Health Center encourages applicants of all ages.