Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)/Medication Refill Clerk (Full Time) – Harbor Springs (A19-055)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)/Medication Refill Clerk (A19-055). This is a full time (40 hour per week) position in our Harbor Springs/Northern locations.
Benefits this position offers:
- A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
- Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Continuing Education Assistance
Processes medication refills and prior authorizations for Alcona Health Center Patients.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes medication refills, medication prior authorizations, and assists with patient flow.
- Supports and assists clinical providers and nurses, including room and medical equipment, preparation/sanitization, machine calibrations, obtain patient data and document in EMR, maintains inventories, referral processing, prepares flow sheets, participates in huddles, and assist providers in examination, treatment, and procedures within scope of practice.
- Adheres to attendance policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of protected health information and safeguards all patient related information at all times.
- Consistently adheres to organization rules, regulations, and policies.
- Attends/participates in departmental meetings.
- Accepts and performs other job related duties, projects and responsibilities, as required.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare basic correspondence and simple reports in Microsoft Word.
- Ability to use the Electronic Health Records system effectively.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
Please send your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC.
Please apply directly through our website here or by mail to Careers-AHC Administration Annex, 1035 W. Washington, Alpena, MI 49707
The position will remain posted until filled.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.