Care Connector – Cheboygan (Full Time)
Make more than a living. Make a difference. Work for Alcona Health Center!
Alcona Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center that is making a real impact in the Northern MI communities we serve, offering medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, and talented individual to join our team as a Care Connector. This is a full time (40 hour per week) position in our Cheboygan location.
Benefits this position offers:
· A positive work environment and a family friendly schedule
· Family Health Benefits – Medical, Dental and Vision
· Paid Leave includes holidays, personal, sick, and vacation
· Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
· Retirement Savings Plan
· Continuing Education Assistance
Works with patients to improve their health, wellbeing and self-care by educating patients on needed services. Facilitates patients in accessing care appointments, screening and tests to ensure health issues are proactively addressed.
Overview of Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Patient Care Activities: checks external health information systems for recent emergency department discharges, contacts patients, schedules follow-up visits with PCP, educations on after hour, on-call, and walk-in services, works insurance gap reports, educations patients on services, assists patients with scheduling, submits required documentation to insurance companies to close gaps, addresses diagnosis gaps, completes and maintains documentation, and, assesses patient attribution and complete provider change requests of patients.
2. Patient-Center Medical Home
3. Communication and documentation.
4. To connect people in need to the right services or support, to improve health and wellbeing outcomes in a timely and appropriate way. Identify health and wellbeing needs, locate resources, enable and empower individuals to seek intervention and prevention, and facilitate access to local services to meet healthcare needs.
5. Adheres to attendance policy.
6. Maintains confidentiality of protected health information and safeguards all patient related information at all times.
7. Consistently adheres to organization rules, regulations, and policies.
8. Special duties as assigned.
Required Certification and/or Licensures:
1. Possesses a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) CPR certification.
2. Possesses a current State of Michigan driver’s license and valid automobile insurance.
We’re glad you are considering Alcona Health Center for employment! Successful candidates will work as a valued member of our team of medical professionals to provide quality, comprehensive care in the Patient Centered Medical Home model.
You MUST send your resume and letter of interest indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this role and how you can contribute to AHC. Please apply directly via our Career page here, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Careers-AHC Administration Annex, 1035 W. Washington, Alpena, MI 49707.
The position will remain posted until 08/19/19.
Alcona Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.