Dental Hygienist/Dental Care Coordinator – full time
Alcona Health Centers – Cheboygan Site
Alcona Health Center currently has a full-time position opening for Dental Hygienist and Dental Care Coordinator in our Cheboygan site.
Performs dental measures designed to preserve teeth and prevent the spread of oral disease.
A current Michigan Dental Hygienist License is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and basic computer usage.
This is a unique position in that the hygienist will be embedded in among the medical providers to provide oral health assessments, preventive services, oral health education, and care coordination services to patients.
This position facilitates the connection between the patients of Alcona Health Centers and coordination of care for appropriate services and resource utilization for patients while maintaining quality and customer satisfaction. Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to achieve quality clinical and cost outcomes from a patient-centered perspective: performs utilization management functions to monitor proper utilization of health resources while adhering to internal and external regulations and requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and monitors generated reports on an on-going basis and contacts Alcona Health Center's (AHC) patients whose care plan is not-up-to date within established preventive and chronic illness care guidelines.
- Works with Dental Site Manager and Performance Improvement Coordinator to ensure efficient processes and comprehensive care is addressed and delivered. Assist in Patient Center Medical Home/National Committee for Quality Assurance (PCMH/NCQA) accreditation through periodic assessment of utilization of services.
- As PCMH liaison will assist in education of staff and implementing quality improvement plans for the Dental Clinical Department.
- Completes documentation of care management activities and enters data into AHC Electronic Health systems and external registries, as required.
- Assist patients to identify and prioritizes individual health care needs based on AHC internal and external regulations and dental standards of care.
- Participates in continuing education services, meetings, and all mandatory in-service and performance improvement and OSHA programs
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If interested send resume and application to AHC Dental Site Manager, P.O. Box 857, Alpena, MI 49707. Deadline to apply 5/31/17. EOE