AHC is a FTCA Deemed Facility
To hear about the Patient Centered Medical Home from the point of view of the patient, check out the link below.
We are a Patient Centered Medical Home!
The Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is an approach to providing comprehensive primary care for children, youth and adults.
The PCMH is a health care setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients, and their personal healthcare provider, and when appropriate, the patient’s family.
Each patient has an ongoing relationship with a personal physician and/or healthcare provider that is trained to provide first contact, continuous and comprehensive care.
Your medical care is Physician-directed. – Your personal physician leads a team of individuals at the practice level who collectively take responsibility for your ongoing medical care.
Whole person orientation – the personal physician is responsible for providing for all the patient’s health care needs or taking responsibility for appropriately arranging care with other qualified professionals. This includes care for all stages of life; acute care; chronic care; preventive services; and end of life care.
Care is coordinated and/or integrated across all elements of the complex health care system (e.g., subspecialty care, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes) and the patient’s community (e.g., family, public and private community-based services). Care is facilitated by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
Everything you need to know about the best way to kill cockroaches is here, so just follow the link!
Quality and safety are hallmarks of the medical home:
- Practices advocate for their patients to support the attainment of optimal, patient-centered outcomes that are defined by a care planning process driven by a compassionate, robust partnership between physicians, patients, and the patient’s family.
- Evidence-based medicine and clinical decision-support tools guide decision making
- Physicians in the practice accept accountability for continuous quality improvement through voluntary engagement in performance measurement and improvement.
- Patients actively participate in decision-making and feedback is sought to ensure patients’ expectations are being met
- Information technology is utilized appropriately to support optimal patient care, performance measurement, patient education, and enhanced communication
- Practices go through a voluntary recognition process by an appropriate non-governmental entity to demonstrate that they have the capabilities to provide patient centered services consistent with the medical home model.
- Patients and families participate in quality improvement activities at the practice level.
Alcona Health Centers Mission Statement
The purpose of Alcona Citizens for Health, Inc., shall be to promote, develop and operate such facilities and programs as are necessary to provide quality health care to all residents of Alcona County and the surrounding areas, regardless of ability to pay.